National Moment of Reflection - 18th September 2022 at 8pm
A National Moment of Reflection will take place at 8pm on Sunday 18th September to mourn the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and reflect on her life and legacy. The National Moment of Reflection will take place the evening before the State Funeral and be marked by a one-minute silence.
The Deputy Town Mayor, Councillor Susan Burkitt, invites members of the public to join her in the Manor Gardens outside the Library for a brief service and to observe the one-minute silence together as a community.
Reverend Ian Webb will lead the service which will begin at 7:40pm and the draft programme can be seen below;
- Welcome and service led by Rev Ian Webb
- Memories of her HRH Queen Elizabeth II from Deputy Lord-Lieutenant Mr Ken Cook CBE.
- "Floral Tribute", a poem written by the Poet Laureate, Simon Armitage as a tribute to HRH Queen Elizabeth II read by Deputy Mayor Cllr Susan Burkitt
- The start of the one-minute silence will be marked
- The end of the one-minute silence will be marked
- Prayers led by Rev Ian Webb
The Moment of Reflection is an opportunity for the community to come together and reflect on Her Majesty the Queen's life and legacy, before the State Funeral the following day and we hope as many residents as possible will be able to join us.
Posted: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:22 by Joanne Mitchell