Dronfield Town Council

Serving the people of Dronfield


Town Clerk: Andrew Tristram
Dronfield Civic Hall
Dronfield Civic Centre
Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 1PD

Tel: 01246 418573

  • Council Services

    Council Services

    The Town Council office, venues and parks are all currently closed to members of the public, until further notice, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

  • Stay at Home

    Stay at Home

    During the coronavirus pandemic please stay at home unless you need to make an essential journey, to help protect the NHS and save lives.

Dronfield Town Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make Dronfield a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us. Alternatively the Town Council office opening hours are normally 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


Following the latest advice regarding the coronavirus outbreak and the need for increased measures to suppress the spread of the virus, Dronfield Town Council will do everything we can to support the people of Dronfield through these unprecedented times. By working together, as a council and with our partners and communities, we will come through this challenge.

We will continue to follow the official advice given by the Government, NHS and Derbyshire County Council who are the statutory organisations in charge of Public Health. The current advice is for us to do whatever we can to reduce the rate of spreading the Covid-19 virus.

Dronfield Town Council will therefore apply safe distancing measures throughout its day to day activities and cancel any large gathering events due to take place in the near future.

This is a rapidly changing situation and we will keep re-assessing what we need to do to help reduce the risk to our residents.

We kindly ask residents to take every possible measure to reduce the risk to themselves and to others as per official advice.

Please stay safe and keep others safe,

Cllr Angelique Foster
Leader Dronfield Town Council

Please contact us if you need any advice: telephone 01246 418573 or email townclerk@dronfield.gov.uk

Office, park and venue closures

Please note following Government Guidance the Town Council office will be closed to members of the public from 18th March 2020 until further notice. In addition to this all bookings in Town Council venues and sports pitches will also be cancelled until further notice.

Parks and Play Areas have now also been closed following Government Guidance on 23rd March 2020. Please note parks will remain closed until further notice.

Office staff will continue to work during this time and are still contactable by phone on 01246 418573, email via townclerk@dronfield.gov.uk or through the Town Council website. If you don't get through please leave a message and we will respond to you directly.


Follow us on Facebook

You can now follow Dronfield Town Council on Facebook.

Public Notices

Accounts for year ending 31 March 2019

Latest News

Dronfield Sports Centre Food Collection Point

Dronfield Sports Centre Food Collection Point

Posted: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 12:00 by Jo Mitchell

As a result of the coronavirus outbreak the Community Support Team at North East Derbyshire District Council are collecting food, books and other items (such as jigsaws and games) on a weekly basis for vulnerable people who are unable to leave their homes. There is a collection each Friday between 12pm and 2pm at Dronfield Sports Centre. More »


Please visit the NEDDC website for more details or call 01246 23 11 11 if you or someone you know needs to register themselves as vulnerable due to you self-isolating. » Less

Emotional Support Helpline

Emotional Support Helpline

Posted: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 14:19 by Jo Mitchell

Rethink Mental Illness aims to improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness through their network of local groups and services, expert information and successful campaigning.

Part of their service is to run the Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service, which during this unprecedented time, has set up a helpline to support people in need - 01773 734989. The idea is that they are there to give emotional support, reassurance, a listening ear and signposting. More »

They have many resources and knowledge, from all around the county and it is hoped that this service will help to take the pressure off the NHS 111 service, so they in turn can concentrate on those that are in crisis.

The Helpline is open 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday and you can call them on 01773 734989. Please call if you require emotional support at this time. » Less

Do you need help with your shopping?

Do you need help with your shopping?

Posted: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 12:02 by Jo Mitchell

Do you need help with fetching and delivering your food shopping during the coronavirus outbreak or know someone who does?

The Derbyshire County Council Community Response Unit can help anyone in Derbyshire who is struggling and doesn't have friends or family to call on. Simply call 01629 535091 or register for assistance online. More »