Cyber Security Awareness Month
Derbyshire County Council are pleased to be working with Derbyshire Police and Education Data Hub to host a series of free public webinars to support 'Cyber Security Awareness Month'. The campaign is planned by the National Cybersecurity Alliance in America, which last year was supported in 129 countries Worldwide.
In 2023, there are 4 key behaviours that are being promoted to internet users to help keep them safe from Cybercrime. These are:
- strong passwords and password management
- multi-factor authentication
- recognising and reporting phishing
- updating software
We have webinars planned to take place across the month, which are all free to attend. We will be exploring these 4 behaviours in more detail, as well as more specialised advice to suit the target audience.
The target audience is different for each webinar. You can sign up using the following links:
- Cyber Security Webinar for the General Public on Friday 20 October from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Cyber Security Webinar for Parents and Grandparents on Wednesday 26 October from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
All of these links are available at Cyber Security Awareness Month (saferderbyshire.gov.uk)
Posted: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:25 by Loran Stonehouse