Outside Services Operative Job Vacancy
Outside Services Operative
Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary £21,189 per annum (pay award pending)
Subject to experience and qualifications
Dronfield Town Council own and maintain several venues, parks and open spaces within the town and we are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work and can use their own initiative to help undertake grounds maintenance and repair work at the buildings, parks and open spaces owned by the Council. The role also includes an element of construction projects to provide steps, footpaths and noticeboards and repair of assets around town. Relevant qualifications would be an advantage.
Weekly hours of work will usually be over five day, with the core hours being between 7.30am to 4:00pm Monday to Thursday and 7:30pm to 12:30pm on Friday.
The role includes;
- General ground maintenance including grass cutting and strimming
- Planting and emptying of flower beds and hanging baskets
- Emptying of dog bins on a weekly basis
- Visual weekly inspection of playground equipment
- Assistance with burials and garden of rest
- Assistance at Town Council events
- Installation of Christmas lights and poppies
Application forms to arrive no later than 12 noon on Friday 18th August 2023. Suitable candidates will be interviewed upon receipt of their application and the council reserves the right to close this application early should sufficient applications be received. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply early.
The application form, job description and person specification can be found below.
Posted: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 13:34 by Joanne Mitchell