Would you like a job working in your local community?
Dronfield Town Council are currently recruiting for two positions – an Assistant Clerk and a part-time Caretaker.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Clerk position is likely to be a highly proficient organiser with a demonstrable record of achievement and ability to work in a constructive and collaborative manner with others, as well as using their own initiative to work independently.
The successful candidate will have appropriate experience within local government or public sector and play a key role in the administration of the Council providing support for committee and council meetings and Town Council events. This is a busy and varied role which involves;
- responding to enquiries from members of the public,
- administration for the management of the cemetery
- to prepare agendas and take minutes at committee and council meetings
- to action decisions from council meetings
- support Town Council events
- source and prepare grant applications
- to assist with venue and sporting bookings when required
- to assist with the management of the Town Council's properties
This is a fanatic opportunity for anybody looking for a new challenge and full training and support will be provided where necessary.
The Town Council are also looking to appoint a part-time caretaker. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, positive, hard-working individual who is committed to providing good cleaning & caretaking duties at various Town Council locations. The role will involve undertaking the following duties to ensure facilities are clean and ready for bookings:
- inspecting the interior and exterior of buildings
- setting up rooms for bookings
- carrying out weekly fire alarm test
- cleaning tasks
- general handyperson duties
- ensuring adequate stock is maintained
- responding to emergency call outs
- ensuring premises and facilities are opened on time
- ensuring building and premises are locked securely
The Town Council currently employees 14 staff and has 19 councillors, with a precept in the region of £850,000.
Further details of both positions can be found by clicking on the link below and the deadline for applications is 12noon on 28th January 2022.
Posted: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 16:00 by Jo Mitchell