Current Job Vacancies
Thank you for your interest in working for Dronfield Town Council.
Dronfield Town Council is seeking an Assistant Clerk (30 - 37 hours per week)
Scale point 20 – 23 £25,991 - £27,741 FTE (pay award pending)
The job is based in Dronfield Civic Hall.
Dronfield Town Council are seeking to appoint an Assistant Clerk to support and deputise for the Town Clerk when required, in undertaking the work of the council. The Assistant Clerk will work across all areas, taking ownership of assigned projects and activities. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, who can work on their own initiative and be proactive.
The key duties and responsibilities are detailed in the job description and person specification which can be download below.
The Town Council has 19 councillors who meet 11 times a year. There are 14 committees, covering areas such as Properties, Budget, Parks & Recreations, Cemetery and Events. The Town Council currently employees 14 staff, and has a precept of approximately £850,000 per year.
The successful applicant will have:
- A good general education, a recognised qualification in local government administration (CiLCA), would be desirable.
- Previous experience in local government, charity or commercial sector
- Willingness to undergo training, plus good office management skills, experience of minute taking and excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to understand and keep abreast of the legal framework in which the Town Council operates, and how it relates to the District and County Council.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office) and good communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to maintain good relationships with Councillors, contractors and the general public.
- Be self-reliant, conscientious, and self-motivated.
- Flexibility is required, for example, availability to attend evening meetings.
- It is also desirable to have a driving licence and own transport.
A copy of the job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded below.
The closing date for applications is: 12noon on Friday 28th January 2022.
Interviews are expected to be conducted early February 2022.
Application Form - Assistant Clerk (Word) (Word Document, 43 Kb)
Application Form - Assistant Clerk (Word Document)
Application Form - Assistant Clerk (PDF) (PDF, 197 Kb)
Application Form - Assistant Clerk (PDF Document)
Assistant Clerk - Job Description & Person Specification (PDF, 143 Kb)
Assistant Clerk - Job Description & Person Specification
PART TIME CARETAKER/CLEANER
NJC Scale Point 4 - £18,933 (pay award pending)
We require an enthusiastic, positive, hard-working individual who is committed to providing good cleaning & caretaking duties at various town council locations. The role will involve undertaking the following duties to ensure facilities are clean and ready for bookings:
- inspecting the interior and exterior of buildings
- setting up rooms for bookings
- carrying out weekly fire alarm test
- cleaning tasks
- general handyperson duties
- ensuring adequate stock is maintained
- responding to emergency call outs
- ensuring premises and facilities are opened on time
- ensuring building and premises are locked securely
This post will involve working up to five out of seven days, on a variable basis and will include evening and weekend work, depending on bookings. The successful applicant will be expected to cover additional hours when required.
Please click on the links below to view the job description, person specification and application form.
Application forms to arrive no later than 12 noon on 28th January 2022.
If you would like to apply please contact:
Town Clerk, Dronfield Town Council, Civic Hall, Dronfield Civic Centre, Dronfield Derbyshire S18 1PD or
Tel: 01246 418573 or Email: email@example.com
Part-time Caretaker - Application Form (Word) (Word Document, 43 Kb)
Part-time Caretaker - Application Form (Word)
Part-time Caretaker - Application Form (PDF) (PDF, 197 Kb)
Part-time Caretaker - Application Form (PDF)
Part-time Caretaker - Job Description & Person Specification