Dronfield Eye - Monthly magazine delivered to all Dronfield Residents.
Click on the photo to see the latest edition
- Fire & Rescue
- Medical Practice - Dronfield Health
- Medical Practice - Oakhill
- Medical Practice - Gosforth Valley
- Medical Practice - Stubley
- NHS Direct
- BT Fault Line
- Gas Emergency
- Power Cut Advice
- Severn Trent Water
- Post Office Counter Services
- Bus Travel - Timetables
- Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School
- Dronfield Junior School
- Gorseybrigg Primary School
- Gosforth Pre-School
- District University of the Third Age (U3A)
Local Government and Politics
- Dronfield Civic Society
- Dronfield Band
- Dronfield Footpaths and Bridleways Society
- Dronfield in Bloom
- Dronfield Musical Theatre Group
- Old Dronfield Society
- Dronfield Scouts
- Dronfield Camera Club
- Dronfield Players
- Dronfield Rotary Club
Local Groups For The Elderly
- St Philips Church, Dronfield- run Monday munch on alternate Mondays of the month, 12pm-2pm includes a light lunch, bingo and quiz. Contact Judith Mumby on: 01246 413000
Cost: FREE BUT DONATIONS TO CHURCH WELCOME.
- Dronfield Luncheon Club at Cliffe Park- Thursdays. – Currently fully booked, call Sharon on 07914 807838 to be added to waiting list.
Cost: CONFIRM WITH SHARON
- The Cardio Club, exercise for patients whom have heart related illnesses, have had a stroke, or suffer with diabetes. Civic Hall. 10am-12pm, Mondays. Call: 0114 2890110 to book on.
- Strictly No Falls Exercise Class, Holmesfield Village Hall, Mondays 2-3pm. Contact: Kerry@livingwellphysio.co.uk, tel- 07856735582
- Crafting2gether, Peel Centre, Tuesdays and Thursday 10am-3pm- here you can learn a new skill, or learn a project , no need to book just "drop in"
- Dronfield Baptist Church – Coffee Pot - Dronfield Baptist Church – Coffee Pot. Every Thursday, 10am-12pm for Coffee, Cakes, and a Chat.
COST: SMALL DONATION TO CHURCH
- The Oaks Community Church- Knit and Natter- Tuesday mornings, contact church to book on-01246 414448
- J Café, St Swithins Church, 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month, 10am-1.30pm.No referral needed. WC Accessible and Disabled WC available.
Cost: SMALL DONATIONS FOR FOOD, £2.50 FOR LIGHT LUNCHES, £1 HOT DRINKS WITH FREE REFILLS.
- Coffee and Cake session- St Andrews Church, once a fortnight on a Wednesday- patients to make a small donation to church, session starts early afternoon, 2pm. If possible advise of planned attend-ance before date by contacting Reverend Ian - 07929 716502 OR 07918076939 – Kathryn Stringer Cost: SMALL DONATION TO CHURCH
- Befrienders - www.letsbfriend.org.uk
Volunteer befrienders pledge to visit a socially isolated older neighbour near them for one hour per week for a cuppa and a chat. On the way back from work, the shops, dropping the kids at school – whenever is convenient for both parties, a befriender will spend an hour just chatting, listening and supporting someone that otherwise may have no one.
We pair individuals primarily based on locality and also make connections based on personal interests. Each befriender and older neighbour receive regular support to ensure they're benefitting from the project. To make a referral:
Call or text : 07523 698530
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Victoria at Dronfield Medical Practise for putting this list of community activities together.
- Dronfield Baptist Church
- Dronfield with Holmesfield Parish